The University of Iowa Family Medicine Residency Program will help you realize your professional goals and provide you with the highest caliber educational experience available. The faculty and staff of the Department of Family Medicine embody the tripartite academic mission: care for the community, educate future physicians, and discover ways to deliver better healthcare.
Here at Iowa you will find diverse and resilient residents who care about one another; a curriculum that emphasizes health and chronic disease management; a large faculty with varied interests who share an enthusiasm for teaching; and an NCQA-recognized patient-centered medical home with support structures to help you provide the best care for your patients.
What are some distinguishing characteristics of our program?
- Cesarean section training supervised by family medicine faculty.
- Fellowship training opportunities in sports medicine, geriatric medicine, academic medicine, and hospice/palliative medicine.
- One of the five family medicine – psychiatry residency programs in the U.S.
- Faculty members involved in state and national leadership roles and public policy development.
- Well-integrated clinical teams following the TeamSTEPPS model.